Floors Come True remains committed to its shop-at-home model where we bring the area's largest mobile selection of name brand flooring for you to see and touch in the comfort of your own home.
But that doesn't mean we can't learn a few new tricks. We're starting to test the user experience of the Roomvo room visualizer and how it can help you with your flooring product selection process.
There's a link on the right side to get started, but here are some quick tips to make your experience more enjoyable.
- As of April 16th, this is only a test. We always planned to roll this out, but recent social distancing guidelines made it a higher priority. Any feedback you can provide is certainly welcome!
- We have many products available that are not yet in the visualizer, but we're working on adding more.
- The visualizer has some products that we may not carry. During our test we are able to add manufacturers, but are not able to remove products from that manufacturer that we do not carry. Generally, we'll have something very similar even if the exact same product is not available. We try not to be redundant in our product offerings.
As good as the visualizer is, nothing compares to touching and seeing actual product samples in your own home, with your lighting, next to your walls and furnishings.
- Keep in mind that visualized rooms are computer generated images created by duplicating smaller swatches of the flooring material in the areas the computer believes to be your floor. Some common visual anomalies we hear about include some carpets appearing to have lines or boxes in them, and occasionally the software will place the flooring over non-floor areas such as sofas or a table if those surfaces were very close in color to your current flooring.
- At this time, the visualizer is NOT connected to your online account with Floors Come True so you cannot add products to your favorites like you can in our online catalog.
- If you want to save a product or room scene to share with us prior to or during your consultation, please use the save and share features to send us a link. Be sure to include your own name so we know who it came from and any other info about the scene or anything you'd like to see that's different. You can send your roomvo scenes to us at email@example.com by following the clicks we illustrate in this quick animation.
- We placed a video tutorial down below, and we're working on our own instructions as well.
- Once you open the room visualizer link, you won't be able to see this page, so you may want to duplicate this page in another browser tab or window.
- If you're viewing the visualizer and want to get out of it, hit the arrows in the top left of the visualizer windows.
- If you're still having problems, don't worry, we're new at it too. You can send us your room scenes and tell us what you're looking for and we can make some scenes for you. We can also use the tool during your in-home consultation.
- Have fun looking around! And when you're ready for the real thing...